Acorn Rentals Creates Mobile Solution in Days using FileMaker Go for iPad
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - July 7, 2011 - FileMaker, Inc. today announced that Acorn Rentals, a company that delivers no-charge rental cars across Australia, has adopted FileMaker Go for iPad, the best-selling database app for iPad and iPhone. Why? The company was able to create a custom customer-service solution for iPad in a few short days after struggling for months to develop a proprietary mobile solution.
Find out about Acorn's new FileMaker Go solution
- How it works: Acorn provides rental cars to customers after an auto accident from more than 250 locations throughout Australia. With an iPad running FileMaker Go in hand, Acorn drivers enter customer and vehicle details directly into the firm's main database at headquarters. The customer receives a copy of the documentation by e-mail.
- Business benefits:
- Better service: Customers get their replacement cars faster and easier and receive documentation through e-mail
- Reduced costs: Acorn extended its existing FileMaker Pro solution to the iPad, slashing ongoing IT overhead
- Increased driver productivity: No more clipboards or manual data entry
- Cut administrative overhead: Eliminated paper forms
"The moment we found out about FileMaker Go for iPad, we instantly switched over to it and abandoned our previous costly, complex mobile development effort."
- Aaron Martin, National Operations Manager, Acorn Rentals
"With FileMaker Go, our drivers immediately had full access to our FileMaker Pro database from anywhere. We subsequently made a few layout modifications and created a script so that we could insert customer signatures electronically into all the documents. It was that simple."
- Michael Costin, National Account Manager, Acorn Rentals
Learn why FileMaker Go is the fastest, most cost-effective way to develop custom business iPhone and iPad solutions
- Read the guide for "The Fastest Path to Custom Business Solutions for iPhone and iPad."
- Download the free FileMaker iOS Deployment Kit.
- Find other FileMaker Go customer stories, from companies as large as Merck & Co., Inc. and Johnson Controls to small businesses like Orca Books.
- Listen to our podcast series "Business & Database Solutions for iPhone & iPad" to learn how companies are using FileMaker Go to manage business contacts, track inventory, review documents and more.
- Visit FileMaker's "Business and Database Solutions for iPhone and iPad" Facebook Fan page. The site offers customer stories, YouTube videos offering how-to advice and much more. Visitors can also see photos of how to mobilize inventory management, contacts, and events.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share essential information. The company's products are the FileMaker line - versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and the web - and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Copyright © 2011 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.