National Marketing Firm Slashes $40,000 Off Yearly Overhead Using FileMaker Go
Innovative route management with the most popular business database app for iPhone and iPad
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - August 2, 2011 - Remember that poster you saw in a shop or café window promoting a hot concert, play, or a new movie? Chances are, PMD Promotion (watch the video), put it in the window — and in exactly the right spot to catch your eye. Displaying posters by hand can be labor intensive but, thanks to FileMaker Go, executing a successful poster campaign for clients is as trouble-free as it gets, and saves significant money compared to paper.
How it works: With 75 display reps, each armed with an iPod touch running FileMaker Go, PMD (www.pmdpromo.com) now has a 21st century solution to replace the 19th century clipboard and pen, helping display Windowposters in the top 20 urban markets in the U.S. All aspects of operations, from identifying which shops to visit, to recording customer notes, and even capturing pictures of posters on the wall, are handled on the iPod Touch. What used to be a time-consuming, tree-hungry process has now gone mobile, resulting in streamlined administration back at the home office, a motivated field staff, easy-to-access integrated data, efficient reporting, and happier customers.
- Failsafe reporting: Results are uploaded and reports are automatically assembled at the end of each day, so whether PMD clients are promoting a small neighborhood show, or blanketing an entire region to drive fans to a headline event, every PMD client receives a customized report detailing how their project was delivered.
- Rapid ROI: PMD worked with independent FileMaker Developer Colibri Solutions (www.colibrisolutions.com) to create this innovative mobile solution, dubbed PMD Mobile. It took Colibri only a few weeks to build the system from scratch, a turnaround time that far exceeded PMD CEO Dean Stallone's expectations.
"PMD Mobile based on FileMaker Go and FileMaker Pro 11 has revolutionized our business. We anticipate an almost immediate return on investment by saving $40,000 a year on staff performing outdated tasks like re-keying data and struggling to pair photos with disparate data coming in from the field.
Dean Stallone, CEO, PMD Promotion
Learn why FileMaker Go is the fastest, most cost-effective way to develop custom business iPhone and iPad solutions
- Read the guide for "The Fastest Path to Custom Business Solutions for iPhone and iPad."
- Download the free FileMaker iOS Deployment Kit.
- Find other FileMaker Go customer stories, from companies as large as Merck & Co., Inc. to small businesses like Acorn Rentals.
- Listen to our podcast series "Business & Database Solutions for iPhone & iPad" to learn how companies are using FileMaker Go to manage business contacts, track inventory, review documents and more.
- Visit FileMaker's "Business and Database Solutions for iPhone and iPad" Facebook Fan page. The site offers customer stories, YouTube videos offering how-to advice and much more. Visitors can also see photos of how to mobilize inventory management, contacts, and events.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share essential information. The company's products are the FileMaker line - versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and the web - and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Copyright © 2011 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.