FileMaker launches FileMaker 13 Platform – enables teams to easily create custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web
Features FileMaker WebDirect: Breakthrough technology for running custom business solutions in a web browser
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Dec. 3, 2013 – FileMaker, Inc. today unveiled the next-generation platform for business productivity: FileMaker 13. The new software makes it even faster and easier than ever for teams to create gorgeous, tailored business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web that deliver significant productivity gains.
“With FileMaker 13, any team can quickly create custom solutions that streamline their business processes while minimizing design time,” said Ryan Rosenberg, vice president of marketing and services for FileMaker, Inc. “The FileMaker 13 Platform gives organizations even more options for delivering powerful but easy-to-use solutions, including breakthrough web technology, along with impressive new design tools for iOS and desktops.”
FileMaker 13 includes more than 50 new features. Chief among them are:
- FileMaker WebDirect, an entirely new, HTML5 browser-based technology that allows teams to create and deploy desktop-style solutions in a web browser with no programming skills required.
- Tools to create amazing iPad and iPhone solutions that support even more iOS behaviors, including slide controls, popovers and the ability to scan records using gestures. iPad and iPhone layouts can now be created in one step; and iOS solutions can include single-click capture of bar codes using on-device cameras and custom keyboards that speed data entry.
- Major improvements to design capabilities, including support for shareable custom themes and styles, and the ability to drag and drop data fields onto design layouts.
- More robust security, with AES 256-bit encryption that locks down data no matter where it lives – on iPad, iPhone, desktop or server. FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced is used to enable encryption.
- Dozens of new enhancements for solution developers, from the ability to hide or display objects on a screen based on business logic to easier integration with web applications.
- Simplified server administration, including an entirely new HTML5 administrative console in FileMaker Server 13 for managing business solutions from anywhere.
Pricing and Availability
All FileMaker 13 Platform software is available immediately. Monthly prices start at US$9 for FileMaker Pro; US$15 for FileMaker Pro Advanced, and US$29 for FileMaker Server under the FileMaker Annual Volume License Agreement, which is billed annually (minimum quantities apply).
Traditional software licenses are also available starting at US$329 for new FileMaker Pro 13 licenses and US$179 for FileMaker Pro 13 upgrades.
The FileMaker Go for iPad and iPhone App is free from the iTunes App Store™. Server concurrent connections for FileMaker Go or FileMaker WebDirect are priced at US$25 per 5-pack per month, and are available from FileMaker and software resellers.
Learn why FileMaker software is the fast, cost-effective way to develop gorgeous custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web.
- Discover tools and resources for creating FileMaker solutions on the FileMaker Pro 13 Resource Center.
- View solution videos and stories to learn how a wide range of industries and organizations are using FileMaker.
- Join FileMaker’s free TechNet developer program.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker, Inc., an Apple subsidiary, delivers innovative software to easily create custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world’s largest organizations, use the FileMaker Platform to streamline their business processes, manage essential information, and boost overall productivity.
Copyright © 2013 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.