Henry Schein Dental marketing group arms 800 sales reps with iPad solution created with the FileMaker Platform
Dental division of Fortune 500 company delivers product information on iPads to improve sales productivity and customer responsiveness
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – February 26, 2013 – Over the last 80 years, Henry Schein Dental has reinvented itself to meet customer needs, taking advantage of technology breakthroughs and tapping into burgeoning markets. Today, the FileMaker Platform is helping the Fortune 500 company showcase its products with a custom sales-literature solution running on iPads in the hands of 800 sales consultants.
Instead of requiring their customer-facing representatives to carry volumes of printed sales materials on everything from overhead lights to X-ray equipment, the Schein’s marketing group created a custom solution using FileMaker Pro 12. The solution runs on FileMaker Go for iPad, a free app on the iTunes App Store.
Already, 800 Field Sales Consultants are equipped with iPads and are more productive and successful. They can:
- Search through thumbnails of literature
- Pull up pertinent brochures or other materials
- Order a PDF or print version and deliver personalized, “just-in-time” sales materials to customers on the spot
- Significantly improve speed of customer communication and knowledge of available sales tools
On the back end, FileMaker Server 12 tracks quantities of sales materials to see exactly what needs to be printed, potentially saving tens of thousands of dollars previously wasted on overstocked, never-used brochures. Warehouse workers are delivered literature requests and can immediately ship out information to customers. Marketing staff track status from their desktops, and ensure the right products with the right descriptions are in the system.
With a PHP-based FileMaker solution, Henry Schein Dental delivers the same custom literature solution to another 400 Field Sales Consultants who choose to use a web browser on their desktops and laptops.
“FileMaker has proven to be the perfect platform for developing advanced, yet user-friendly, iOS-compatible business solutions in a short period of time.” – Jon Baucom, director of marketing, equipment and technology group, Henry Schein Dental
Learn why the FileMaker Platform is the fast, cost-effective way to develop custom business solutions for iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac and the web.
- Find out more about how to easily create, deploy and manage custom business solutions for iOS.
- Watch a free mobile solutions webcast featuring Gartner, the leading analyst firm.
- Find other FileMaker iOS solutions stories from customers as diverse as >Berklee College of Music, Lee Medical, and West Paw Design.
- Visit FileMaker's "Business and Database Solutions for iPhone and iPad" Facebook Fan page. The site offers customer stories, YouTube videos offering how-to advice and much more. Visitors can also see photos of how to mobilize inventory management, contacts and events.
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share essential information. The company's products are the FileMaker line - versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and the web - and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPad. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.
Copyright © 2013 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.