CNS PLUG-INS RELEASES CNS AUDIT 0.5.1, A FILEMAKER PLUG-IN.
Safeguarding your data is an important, and often daunting, task. We at CNS Plug-ins want to help ease your mind. CNS Audit is a plug-in that takes the headache out of creating an Audit Trail of your data. Whether you just want peace of mind about being able to get a record back that you have accidently deleted or if you have to comply to regulatory mandates like HIPAA, you can use CNS Audit to create an Audit Trail of your data within minutes.
This version of CNS Audit is a full working preview version of the plug-in. We have several more ideas that we are adding into the plug-in for its 1.0 version release. Everything we add will be completely compatible with this preview version. We are providing this version so that you can immediately start logging your database now and update to the 1.0 version release when it is completed in order to take full advantage of all we have in store for this great plug-in. The update to 1.0 will be free when we release it.
- Fixed a bug where the plug-in's functions could disappear after viewing the Configuration Dialog.
- Fixed some bugs dealing with registering the plug-in.
- Fixed a bug with the CNSAudit_AccessLog function that was causing a crash.
- Updated the example database to include an example of how to log Record Deletions.
- Updated the example database to include an example of how to log when a user runs a script.
- Updated the example database to add a script to bring up the CNS Audit Table Preferences setup dialog.
CNS Audit requires FileMaker Pro 7.0v3 and above to function properly. The plug-in will not load under previous versions of FileMaker Pro. If you have FileMaker Pro 7.0 but have not updated to 7.0v3, you can obtain a free update from FileMaker, Inc's website.
- Mac OS
CNS Audit requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or above. The plug-in is a Universal Binary so it is compatible with both PPC- and Intel-based Macs.
CNS Audit supports the same versions of Windows that are supported by the host version of FileMaker Pro the plug-in is being used with.
- Easy Setup - You can literally start keeping an Audit Trail of your database within a minute of installing CNS Audit.
- Small Footprint - CNS Audit only needs 2 fields per table and a Limited Delete Privilege for every Privilege Set defined to create the Audit Trail.
- Simple Functions - CNS Audit's main logging function only takes 2 parameters, both of which are the two fields you add to your table. CNS Audit's access log function also only has 2 parameters, and only one of them is actually required.
- Complete Logging - CNS Audit is a full field-level auditing plug-in, logging not only the current table, but also every related table in the current context.
- Extensive Setup Dialog - If CNS Audit's default logging preferences do not completely suit your situation, you can use the Setup Dialog to define exactly which fields to log as well as any Custom Log Fields you need. In the 1.0 version release, the Setup Dialog will have even more.
- Custom Log Fields - Add Custom Log Fields to the database where you define calculations to evaluate for the values of the Custom Log Fields.
Demonstration Version Available
A demonstration version can be downloaded from the CNS Audit product page at <http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/products.htm?product=CNS%20Audit>. Once there, click the "Download Now" button to begin the download process. You can evaluate CNS Audit for 30 days for free, however, after 30 days, CNS Audit should be removed from your hard drive if you do not plan to purchase a license for it. The demo version of CNS Audit will show a splash screen the first time it is used for any given FileMaker Pro session to remind you of the number of days left in your demo license. Once you purchase and register your copy of CNS Audit, the splash screen will no longer show.
Purchasing CNS Audit
To purchase CNS Audit from our secure website, go to <http://www.cnsplug-ins.com/> and choose the "Purchase (Prices)" link at the top of every page (in the gray area). We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We also accept Purchase Orders and checks under special circumstances. Please email or call us if you would like to purchase with a Purchase Order or a check.
A single user license for CNS Audit is $95. We have several multi-user price points available on our secure site. Educational/Non-Profit Discounts are available for roughly 20% off the listed price. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Money made from sales will go directly back into making other great plug-ins like CNS Audit!
Comm-Unity Networking Systems
6560 Lake Worth Blvd. Ste. 300
Fort Worth, Texas 76135
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share vital information. The company’s products are the FileMaker Pro line – versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac and the Web – and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPod touch. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.Customer contact:
Copyright © 2009 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.