Studio Suite 8 – Major new release for leading Studio Management Software
Studio Suite 8 is designed to serve the needs of all kinds of media production: Audio, Video, Pre-Production, Production, Post-Production, Animation, Graphics, Film, TV, Radio, DVD, Internet, Games, Duplication, Mastering, Rentals, etc. Studio Suite 8 manages everything - schedules, contacts, communications, projects, inventories, libraries, labels, invoices and more. It is user-customizable, relational, and networkable across Mac/PC platforms.
Studio Suite 8 has over 50 major new features and hundreds of smaller features – a sampling includes:
• Slick modern interface – simplified, cleaner, brighter, more uniform.
• Dramatically improved window management
• Simplified file structure – now 8 files instead of 40.
• Dashboard overview on Main Menu to see daily details – Projects, Sessions, Tasks, Messages, Callbacks, etc.
• Back button functionality
• Drag and Drop Calendar Events
• Mouse-over Calendar Events for Project details
• Task Management per Employee, Project, and Event, with loadable Task Groups.
• 12 levels of role-based security and over 100 assignable permissions.
• Record-level security in critical modules
• Integrated barcodes – no more 3rd party fonts
• Live XML connection to QuickBooks (PC version only).
• Contacts module now includes Group Management
• Email directly from Studio Suite, individually, or to Contact Groups.
• Instant link to eBay in the Equipment module to see current value.
• Built in package tracking for shipments
• Titles module now tracks Publishing details, submissions, copyrights, licenses, etc.
• Creates hierarchical, expanding/collapsing "packages" for Calendar booking and Project management, now featuring “also book” items.
• Unlimited Event Statuses, Categories, and Colors per event.
• Tracks Budget and Actual charges and expenses (and the difference), as well as Profit/Loss per project and per line item.
• Attaches any external, digital file (Avid, ProTools, Word, Photoshop, etc.) to a Studio Suite Project, Contact, Library, or Title, enabling the User to completely document and interconnect all aspects of a Project in one place.
"I'm so proud of this release," says Joel Stoner, AlterMedia president and designer of Studio Suite. "We've worked long and hard to build a robust, modern platform that accommodates the needs of all types of media production. Studio Suite 8 provides studios with organization and management structure right out of the box.”
Studio Suite is used by work-at-home editors, engineers, producers, and composers; yet it’s also the anchor of operations at facilities ranging from small boutique production studios to major corporations such as Sony, Warner Bros., Fox, BET, and the U.S. Government. With thousands of Users in 40 countries, Studio Suite leads as the industry standard in studio and project management software, and is the top choice of studios worldwide.
Pricing is $749 for the first License, and $449 for each additional networked workstation. Upgrade prices for current Users are $479 for the initial upgrade and $299 per additional workstation. These prices include FileMaker Pro 8.5, which is required. Bundles including FileMaker Server are also available. More details, and a video demo, are available from www.studiosuite.com.
Editorial Contact: Joel Stoner
800.450.5740 (US and Canada)
818.752.3900 (Los Angeles)
Studio Suite - The New Standard
About FileMaker, Inc.
FileMaker is the leader in easy-to-use database software. Millions of people, from individuals to some of the world's largest companies, rely on FileMaker software to manage, analyze and share vital information. The company’s products are the FileMaker Pro line – versatile database software for teams and organizations, for Windows, Mac and the Web – and Bento, the personal database for Mac, iPhone and iPod touch. FileMaker, Inc. is a subsidiary of Apple.Customer contact:
Copyright © 2009 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker and Bento are trademarks of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.