Study underscores ROI of custom iPad and iPhone solutions built on FileMaker Platform
Customer interviews reveal 3-month payback and ROI of 289% from FileMaker solutions for iPad and iPhone“The Total Economic Impact of The FileMaker Platform” is the topic of a commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of FileMaker, Inc.
Forrester Consulting examined the total economic impact and potential return on investment (ROI) that can be achievable by developing custom solutions for iPad and iPhone using the FileMaker Platform.
Forrester’s interviews with a customer’s application development team showed that financial benefits from the FileMaker solutions surpassed costs three months after creation, and two-year ROI of 289%.
Readers of the study may estimate their own costs and benefits from FileMaker solutions compared to existing processes and to alternative tools. The study provides a framework that considers developers’ hourly costs, total time, time saved compared to current processes and alternative development methods.
Forrester interviewed a large event and convention organization, which had saved considerable money and time by automating paper work order processes with FileMaker solutions running on iPads connected to back-office databases.
The October 2012 study summarises several benefits this customer realised by developing the application with FileMaker, including:
• Mobile application development using the FileMaker Platform was faster than alternative approaches considered.
• The FileMaker custom iOS solutions for iPad and iPhone achieved “payback” in three months.
• The two-year ROI was 289%.
• Worker productivity increased by improving communication and reducing errors with on-the-spot data entry on iPads and immediate synchronisation to back-end systems.
• FileMaker software license fees for application development and hardware costs were lower when compared with other alternatives.
Download the complimentary TEI Study and visit the FileMaker Resource Center. Learn more about how organisations from almost every segment of business, education and government are creating custom iPad and iPhone solutions at minimal expense for rapid ROI.