About formulasperform specific operations on one or more values in a database file, and return a single result.
• calculations in some FileMaker script steps, such as the script steps If, Exit Loop If, Set Field, Insert Calculated Result, and Replace Field Contents. See Creating scripts to automate tasks.
• - numbers, text, date, or time values that don’t change.
• - symbols that indicate how to combine or compare two or more values.
• - predefined, named formulas that perform specific calculations and return single, specific values for each repetition.
• field references - fields in the same table or in a . A referenced in a calculation has the syntax tablename::related field. See Working with related tables and files.