Do you need FileMaker Server?
Take the quiz below and find out now.
Ask yourself these questions to find out if you can benefit from
Do you have an automated "hands-off" backup system in place for your FileMaker databases that does not require any database downtime?
If you answered No, click here to learn about automating backups while databases are in use with FileMaker Server.
Do you know who's accessing your databases, when they're accessing the data and what they're doing with it?
If you answered No, click here to learn how you can track your FileMaker users’ activities with FileMaker Server.
Do you have a way to remotely access and administer your FileMaker databases?
If you answered No, click here to learn about ways to access and administer your FileMaker data from any computer.
Is your FileMaker data stored on a centralized computer, in a secure room?
If you answered No, click here to see how you can protect your shared FileMaker databases by hosting them on a single, secure computer.
Does the idea of installing server software make you want to run and hide?
If you answered Yes, click here to see how easy it is to install FileMaker Server in 20 minutes or less.
Do you have real-time monitoring of the status of your databases?
If you answered No, click here to see how you can receive instant notifications regarding your FileMaker databases.
Are you able to get secure, real-time access to your iPad and iPhone databases?
If you answered No, click here to find out how to get secure, real-time access to your iPad and iPhone databases.
Do you want to deploy interactive database solutions in a web browser with no programming skills required?
If you answered Yes, click here to see how to enable web access to your databases.
FileMaker Server 13 automate your database backups and make the process transparent to users like never before. With FileMaker Server software, it’s easy to:
- Schedule daily backups that will run automatically at multiple intervals as needed.
- Run backups on "live" hosted database files so that you do not have to take your solutions off-line to back them up.
- Save backups in a location of your choice or written to a separate device for efficient storage.
FileMaker Server 13 include administrative tools to help you keep better track of who’s doing what with shared databases.
- Real-time user monitoring shows who is logged on at any moment.
- Select a specific database and view which users are connected to that database.
- View user details including account ID, what databases they have opened, how long they have been connected, and much more.
Remotely access and administer your FileMaker databases from any computer if they’re hosted with FileMaker Server software.
- Access the Admin Console from either Windows machine or a Mac to administer your FileMaker databases.
- Administer remotely over a LAN or WAN.
- Schedule live back ups to protect your data.
If you’re sharing FileMaker databases that are stored on the hard drives of individual computers on your network - what would happen if any of those computers was stolen or damaged?
With FileMaker Server 13, it's easy to make your data safer in 3 easy steps:
- Assign a dedicated computer to host your databases, and set it up in a locked, temperature-controlled room.
- Install FileMaker Server software in 20 minutes or less.
- Copy your database(s) to the centralized computer for secure access by specified users.
You don’t have to be an "IT guy" to install FileMaker Server 13. The fast and easy setup takes 20 minutes or less without any IT help.
- Built-in assistants help you install your software, upload your files and schedule backups and other activities.
- No special hardware is required. It runs well on Windows or Mac desktop hardware and operating systems, yet scales to take advantage of server-class hardware and operating systems.
Receive instant notifications regarding your FileMaker databases delivered to any email address you choose.
- Notifications can be configured for different levels of severity.
- Notifications can be sent at the completion of backups or any other scheduled activity.
- Notifications can be sent to any email address - desktop, handheld device, or cell phone.
Use FileMaker Server 13 to securely host your iPad and iPhone databases.
- Get instant access to the most current information.
- Share data with your entire team while you're on the go and get updates in real-time.
- Connect to FileMaker Server using a local wireless network or over the Internet using Wi-Fi or cellular networks.
- Increase the security and reliability of your iPad and iPhone databases hosted on FileMaker Server.
FileMaker Server 13 comes with new FileMaker WebDirect - a
breakthrough web technology that deploys databases in web browsers. FileMaker WebDirect provides:
- Desktop-style interaction - Supports themes, charts, menus and more
- Live data updates - New information is instantly available to your team - no need to refresh
- Automated processes - Run scripts to validate data and streamline workflow
Note: Purchase of additional connections to run FileMaker WebDirect may be required.
Download a FREE Trial of FileMaker Server 13 Now!