Web Publishing: XSLT Overview
Create data-driven websites using XSLT and FileMaker Server.
What is it?
XSLT is useful when developing a website or solution that is focused primarily on data transformation and presentation, such as creating an RSS feed or a Rich Text Format document. The XSLT Site Assistant and the FileMaker Server work together to give you an easy way to create XSLT solutions.
PLEASE NOTE: XSLT technology will no longer be supported in the next full version of FileMaker Server and FileMaker Server Advanced. Learn more
What does it allow you to do?
- Develop a FileMaker Pro solution that is focused primarily on data transformation and presentation.
- Create a data-driven website using XSLT.
XSLT Site Assistant for Quick Results
The XSLT Site Assistant asks step-by-step questions to produce the XSLT stylesheets. These XSLT stylesheets can be published as is or edited using the XSLT authoring tool of your choice.
How do I get it?
- Try FileMaker Server 11 Advanced free for 30 days. Try Now
- Purchase FileMaker Server 11 or FileMaker Server 11 Advanced
- Join the FileMaker Technical Network and use the included FileMaker Server 11 Advanced Development license. This license lets you build and test solutions (but is not for production systems).
Documentation and Notes
XSLT Starter Solution
The XSLT Starter Solution contains both the FileMaker Pro database and all the associated XSLT files. It is an event management solution that supports capturing user information, displaying event information and managing email messages. The solution is thoroughly documented with comments throughout the code so that you can see how everything fits together, and it uses CSS (cascading style sheets) to control the appearance of the web pages, so you can change its appearance by plugging in your own favorite look using CSS.
Search Knowledge Base
View a list of common XSLT questions and answers