FileMaker Certification: Next Steps
The FileMaker 12 Certification examination is the only credential offered by FileMaker, Inc. Strengthen your solution development skills and gain a competitive advantage. Register today.
Start Developing in FileMaker 12 now
- If you're not already using and developing in FileMaker 12, purchase now.
- Increase your chances of passing the exam with direct hands-on experience with FileMaker products.
- Take the FileMaker Training Series course for FileMaker 12 offered by one of the FileMaker Authorized Trainers — the most comprehensive training available for FileMaker products.
- Training is recommended but not a prerequisite for certification.
Use FileMaker resources
- FileMaker Training Series: These self-paced training materials include 13 modules of in-depth FileMaker development topics. You’ll get an 800+ page manual along with a DVD of demo files, exercises and videos to enhance your learning experience. Learn more.
- Technical Briefs, & White Papers: Join the free FileMaker Technical Network to get access to technical briefs and resources only available to members.
- Product Documentation: Download product manuals for FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Pro Advanced, FileMaker Server, FileMaker Server Advanced
- Help Documentation: Explore the in-product Help section found by clicking on the "Help" menu item in each product.
- FileMaker Knowledge Base: Search the FileMaker Knowledge Base for specific product updates
Take the Exam: "Developer Essentials for FileMaker 12"
The exam consists of 64 multiple-choice questions and takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete. If you're proficient in all these areas, you're ready to take the exam. Certification tests are offered in over 5,000 Prometric testing locations worldwide. The exam costs US$150 in the US and Canada (or equivalent in other countries). Register today.
Developer Essentials for FileMaker 12 Topics
The FileMaker Certification exam covers these areas of solution development:
- Knowing the product technical specifications
- Defining database schema
- Building layouts
- Working with calculations
- Writing scripts
- Securing FileMaker systems
- Deploying database solutions via Server, using best practices
- Data integration and data movement
- Publishing FileMaker data on the web
- Using development tools and processes
- Creating and deploying database for iPad and iPhone
The test material covers features and specifications of the entire FileMaker Pro product family, including relevant knowledge areas such as: XML, xDBC, networking technology, web basics, SQL basics, and database architecture basics.
Read the Certification FAQ for additional details.