FileMaker Certification: Next Steps
The FileMaker 13 Certification examination is the only credential offered by FileMaker, Inc. Strengthen your solution development skills and gain a competitive advantage. Register today.
Start Developing in FileMaker 13 now
- If you're not already using and developing in FileMaker 13, purchase now.
- Increase your chances of passing the exam with direct hands-on experience with FileMaker products.
- Take the FileMaker Training Series: Advanced courses for FileMaker 13 offered by one of the FileMaker Trainers — the most comprehensive training available for FileMaker products.
- Training is recommended but not a prerequisite for certification.
Use FileMaker resources
- FileMaker Training Series: Advanced: These self-paced training materials include 9 modules of in-depth FileMaker development topics. You'll get a detailed, step-by-step manual with demo files, exercises and videos to help guide you through the materials. Learn more.
- Technical Briefs, & White Papers: Join the free FileMaker Technical Network to get access to technical briefs and resources only available to members.
- Product Documentation: Download product manuals for FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Pro Advanced, and FileMaker Server
- Help Documentation: Explore the in-product Help section found by clicking on the "Help" menu item in each product.
- FileMaker Knowledge Base: Search the FileMaker Knowledge Base for specific product updates
- Check out the FileMaker Exam Overview document to get more detail about the topics areas the exam will cover.
Take the Exam: "Developer Essentials for FileMaker 13"
The exam consists of 63 multiple-choice questions and takes approximately 2 hours to complete. If you're proficient in all these areas, you're ready to take the exam. Certification tests are offered in over 5,000 Prometric testing locations worldwide. The exam costs US$150 in the US and Canada (or equivalent in other countries). Register today.
Developer Essentials for FileMaker 13 Topics
The FileMaker Certification exam covers these areas of solution development:
- Knowing the product technical specifications
- Defining database schema
- Building layouts
- Working with calculations
- Writing scripts
- Securing FileMaker systems
- Deploying database solutions via Server, using best practices
- Data integration and data movement
- Publishing FileMaker data on the web
- Using development tools and processes
- Creating and deploying databases for iPad and iPhone
The test material covers features and specifications of the entire FileMaker Platform. Download the FileMaker Exam Overview document to get more detail about the topic areas listed above, and learn about the exam development process.
Read the Certification FAQ for additional details.