FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 and FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 Advanced (compatible with Mac OS X Leopard)
This software updates FileMaker Pro 8.5 or FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced for the Macintosh to version 8.5v2.
For information about known issues with FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced on Mac OS X, see:
- For FileMaker Pro:
Mac OS X - Applications/FileMaker Pro 8.5/FMP Read Me (English).pdf
- For FileMaker Pro Advanced:
Mac OS X - Applications/FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced/FMPA Read Me (English).pdf
- For the latest information: www.filemaker.com/kb
Who should install this software?
Install this software if you are using any of the configurations listed below. Please verify that you are using the appropriate updater for your product.
Use this Updater
Mac OS X
FileMaker Pro 8.5
FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced
To ensure a smooth installation, disable virus detection software before applying the update, and re-enable it after you are finished.
This update will require approximately 190 MB of free space on your hard disk. You may be prompted to insert your original installation CD or locate the original installation software during the update process.
- Quit FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced. Other applications can remain open.
- Double-click the appropriate FileMaker 8.5v2 updater program for the product you are using.
- Read and accept the displayed license agreement, then proceed as directed.
- Click Update to update your software. After the update has completed, you will see a message confirming the successful installation of the new version.
- Quit the updater, and open the new version of FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced to verify that the update was successful.
The FileMaker 8.5 version information may not be updated until the next time you log in.
If the update does not complete successfully, try reinstalling the previous version of FileMaker 8.5 using your original installation software and running the updater again, or do the following:
1. Move the FileMaker Pro application file from the
“FileMaker.old” folder to your original
Pro 8.5” or “FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced” folder. Choose to replace the existing file.
2. Run the updater program again.
If, after following the steps above, you are still unable to successfully update to FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 or FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 Advanced, contact FileMaker Technical Support for assistance.
- New in FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 (Mac OS X Only)
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Fixed a problem where the application would crash when creating or opening files, if the system language and region do not match.
- Fixed a problem where saving or exporting to the Microsoft Excel format would cause the application to freeze.
© 2007 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a registered trademark of FileMaker, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. The file folder logo is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* Due to the large file size, the download may take longer than expected.