FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 Advanced
This software updates FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced to version 8.5v2.
New in FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 Advanced (Windows Only)
1. The window no longer turns black when it redraws in Browse, Find and Layout modes.
2. The relationships graph no longer turns gray when the user clicks a mouse in the graph.
1. Sending a large print job to a file or to a printer no longer causes blank pages to be produced and data to write to the screen.
After performing the update, information about known issues with FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced on Windows Vista can be found at:
- For FileMaker Pro:
C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro 8.5/FMP Read Me (English).pdf
- For FileMaker Pro Advanced:
C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced/FMPA Read Me (English).pdf
- For the latest information, visit the Knowledge Base
Who should install this software?
You should install this software if you are using any of the configurations listed below. Using the following table, please verify that you are using the appropriate updater for your product.
Use this Updater
FileMaker Pro 8.5
FileMaker Pro 8.5 v2 Updater
FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced
FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced v2 Updater
To ensure a smooth installation, disable virus detection software before applying the update, and re-enable it after you are finished.
This update will require approximately 350 MB of free space on your hard disk. You may be prompted to insert your original installation CD or locate the original installation software during the update process.
- Quit FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced. Other applications can remain open.
- Double-click the appropriate FileMaker 8.5v2 updater program for the product you are using.
- Read and accept the displayed license agreement, then proceed as directed.
- Click Next then Update to update your software. After the update has completed, you will see a message confirming the successful installation of the new version.
- Quit the updater when completed, and open the new version of FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Pro Advanced to verify that the update was successful.
If the update does not complete successfully, try reinstalling the previous version of FileMaker 8.5 using your original installation software and running the updater again, or do the following:
- Create backup copies of any files you saved in the FileMaker Pro 8.5 or FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced application folder.
- Use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to remove FileMaker Pro 8.5 or FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced.
- Install FileMaker Pro 8.5 or FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced using your original installation software.
- Run the updater program again.
If, after following the steps above, you are still unable to successfully update to FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 or FileMaker Pro 8.5v2 Advanced, contact FileMaker Technical Support for assistance.
Silent Install Instructions
Performing a silent install is a one-step process. The
following is the basic syntax of the command that needs to be
entered at the Command Prompt:
"msiexec –i “<path to FileMaker Pro 8.5.msi file>\FileMaker Pro 8.5.msi” /q"
Notes: Do not use any of the advertisement flags
such as /j, /ju, or /jm at the command line with this
updater. (These flags are unsupported and may cause known
installation problems.) On Windows Vista, the command
prompt must be run as an administrator (right-click the executable,
cmd.exe, then select “Run as administrator”
from the context menu).
The full set of silent install options are:
Sets user interface level.
q , qn - No UI
qb - Basic UI. Use qb! to hide the Cancel button.
qr - Reduced UI with no dialog box displayed at the end of the installation.
qf - Full UI and any authored FatalError, UserExit or Exit dialog boxes at the end.
qn+ - No UI except for a dialog box displayed at the end.
qb+ - Basic UI with a dialog box displayed at the end. The dialog box is not displayed if the user cancels the installation. Use qb+! or qb!+ to hide the Cancel button.
qb- - Basic UI with no modal dialog boxes. /qb+- is not a supported UI level. Use qb-! or qb!- to hide the Cancel button.
The ! option is available with Windows Installer version 2.0 and works only with basic UI. It is not valid with full UI.
* Due to the large file size, the download may take longer than expected.