FileMaker Server and FileMaker Server Advanced 10.0v1a External Authentication Update
This update fixes an authentication problem with FileMaker Pro clients connecting to a database hosted on FileMaker Server 10 running on Windows. The authentication problem occurs when external accounts are used to log in to the server to view their list of databases. The server setting "File Display Filter" must be set to "List only the databases each user is authorized to access".
Who should apply this update?
Apply this update if you are using FileMaker Server 10.0v1 or FileMaker Server 10.0v1 Advanced on Windows.
Windows Installation Instructions
Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista
- Disconnect all clients and close all files.
- In the FileMaker Server Admin Console, stop Web Publishing (if running) and the Database Server.
- Quit the FileMaker Server Admin Console, the Start Page and PHP Site Assistant if they are running.
- In the Windows Services Console, stop the FileMaker Server service.
- Navigate to the “\FileMaker Server\Database Server” directory.
- Replace the existing AuthMgr.DLL and EngineMgr.DLL files with the corresponding files contained in this update.
- In the Windows Services Console, start the FileMaker Server service.
- In the FileMaker Server Admin Console, start Web Publishing (if necessary).
* Due to the large file size, the download may take longer than expected.