FileMaker Server 9.0v3 and Server 9.0v3 Advanced for Tiger (OS X 10.4.x)
This software updates version 9.0v2 of FileMaker® Server and Server Advanced to 9.0v3. You can see the version number of your current installation on the FileMaker Server 9 Admin Console Start Page.
Who should install this software?
You should install this software if you are using any of the configurations listed below.
Use this Updater
Mac OS X 10.4.x
FileMaker Server 9
FileMaker Server 9 v3 Update
If you’re currently running FileMaker Server 9.0v1, you must first update to FileMaker Server 9.0v2 before updating to FileMaker Server 9.0v3. You can download the earlier updater from http://www.filemaker.com/support/updaters/fms9v2_mac.html .
Installation Instructions (Mac OS X 10.4.x)
To ensure a smooth installation, disable virus detection software before applying the update, and re-enable it after you are finished.
Before applying the update
- Disconnect all clients and close all files.
- In the FileMaker Server Admin Console, stop Web Publishing and the Database Server.
- Quit the FileMaker Server Admin Console, the Start Page and PHP Site Assistant if they are running.
Install the new software
- Read the license agreement. If you agree to the terms double-click the FileMaker Server 9 v3 updater.
- Click “Update”, and then proceed as directed.
After the update has completed, you will see a message confirming the successful installation of the new version.
- Quit the updater when completed.
- Restart the machine.
- Open the FileMaker Server 9 Admin Console Start Page.
- Under Software Update, the Current Installed Version should now read 184.108.40.2065.
If the update does not complete successfully, reinstall the full version of FileMaker Server 9 using your original installation program, then run the FileMaker Server 9.0v3 Update again. If you are still unable to successfully update to FileMaker Server 9.0v3, contact FileMaker Technical Support for assistance.
Version HistoryFixes in FileMaker Server 220.127.116.115
- Databases can now be closed and clients can be disconnected correctly while a FileMaker ODBC/JDBC session is active.
- Field indexes no longer get out of sync between server side scripts, ODBC/JDBC clients, and FileMaker clients.
- FileMaker Server Admin Console now usually indicates when a scheduled task is running.
- Databases copied to the Databases folder (within the FileMaker Server directory) now show the correct extended privileges in the Databases pane of FileMaker Server Admin Console.
- In Windows, fixed a problem with not being able to stop the Web Publishing Engine when stopping FileMaker Server from the Service Control Manager.
- In the Clients pane of FileMaker Server Admin Console, the Perform Action button is now enabled even with no clients selected in the list.
- In Mac OS X, you can now unmount or eject a network or external disk after uploading a database from it using Admin Console.
- Disconnecting a Server-side scripting client while the script is running now halts the script.
- DTD validation no longer fails when port 80 is used.
- FileMaker Server now correctly sends an email notification when an error occurs or a schedule completes after the DBS has been stopped and started by FileMaker Server Admin Console, via the CLI, or if the DBS is set not to automatically start when FileMaker Server starts.
- Record IDs are now consistent between database sessions when retrieving data from an external ODBC data source via Custom Web Publishing.
- The consistency check on open will no longer report a database as damaged in cases where the issue found is completely innocuous.
- PHP Site Assistant
Fixes in FileMaker Server 18.104.22.168
- PHP Site Assistant now picks up related fields from a portal added during a site assistant session and adds them appropriately when you click Refresh Fields.
- In generated web pages that use an HTML form (for example, the Find Records and Add Record pages), clicking in a form field now always puts the insertion point at the beginning, not the middle, of the field.
- In generated web pages, line breaks in data now appear correctly, because “<br>” rather than “\n” is now used for line breaks.
- Refreshing the list of layouts in the Layout Group pane of PHP Site Assistant, no longer disables the “Choose a Site Profile” link.
- PHP Site Assistant now correctly displays fields from a subsequent layout if the first layout in the database is empty.
- In a generated Records List page, the following links are now translated to French, Italian, German, Swedish, or Japanese, as appropriate: First, Previous Record, Next and Last.
- In pages generated with the “Input with Confirmation” site profile, you can now enter data into portal fields without receiving an error that says “Error result is NULL!!”
- In Mac OS X, the Web Publishing Engine stopped responding after running for approximately 5 days. This has been fixed.
- A problem has been fixed in which Instant Web Publishing might display the wrong value from a value list. In version 9.0v1, this problem could occur when one value list item is a substring of another value in the list. For example, if a text field uses a value list containing “room A7” and “room A73”, and the field is set to “room A73”, Instant Web Publishing erroneously displays “room A7” instead. In version 9.0v1, the erroneously displayed data could then be committed to the database, if the user entered Edit mode and clicked Submit.
- A problem has been fixed that would have caused PHP web publishing to stop working correctly on or after October 7, 2007.
- Sites generated by PHP Site Assistant
5. FileMaker Server performance statistics are no longer prevented from being properly added to the Performance Monitor in Windows Server 2003.
- User credentials used to log into a site are no longer exposed in the URL and the web server log.
- When you click the Delete Record button and then click Cancel in the confirmation dialog box, the record is no longer deleted anyway.
© 2008 FileMaker, Inc. All rights reserved. FileMaker is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries, and the file folder logo is a trademark of FileMaker, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
* Due to the large file size, the download may take longer than expected.